And as I mentioned earlier, I am going to do a giveaway of a second, pretty much identical, topper & cake stand to one lucky reader! make sure you check out the link for a great tutorial on a colored cake stand. I love it.
Here comes the giveaway part!
cuz you gotta have 'em
- Become a follower of Five Sixteenths & Cross My Hooks, comment on this post when you have & if you already are(1 entry)
- Vote for your favorite color scheme & topper in a comment on this post (1 entry)
- Fan With Love, Crochet on Facebook, comment when you have on this post (1 entry)
- Blog, Facebook, or Tweet about it, comment back here when you have (1 entry/mention)
- Follow With Love, Crochet on twitter, comment back here when you have or if you already are (1 entry)
- Voting/commenting ends Friday December 10th @ 12am EST
That is 7 entries! Holy Cow! Make sure you leave a comment for each of these back here on this post.
Any one can enter, US & abroad (unless entering giveaways like these aren't allowed where you live)
Ok, on to the toppers:
I love the monogrammed cake toppers I've seen for weddings & plan on translating that into a birthday one. Perhaps I'll put purple glitter on it!
Here's some inspiration:
via Catering Crumbs
I love the crystals glued on. Like I said, I'd do it in purple :)
oooooooh..what if I make cupcakes?
I love their DIY wedding contest from a while ago. Gives me some ideas for my graduation announcements. Check out a marbling tutorial here
I suggest bookmarking this page & referring to it often! Such great ideas!
also from Ruffled
What if I made a little cake to put on top of my cake! So cute!
via Once Wed
What if I used a doily some how??
Via Icing Designs
How about bunting? I love the ribbon too.
Ok, thats too many ideas, eh? I'll let you know what I've decided on next week when I post some fondant recipes.
Remember to vote on your favorite & follow the links under rules for more entries!
PS. Don't forget to check out the link parties in the Side Bar or click here!