First off, do you like the play on words? I want to include some beauty/make up tutorials and reviews here...just to share my new found love of make up. Since Five Sixteenths is about my interests - and a new interest is make up - I thought I'd try to fit some in! Let me know what you think!
I've fallen in love with the Fergie Centerstage Collection from Wet n Wild. I have a few favorites from the collection but something I picked up that I haven't played with is the eyeshadow palette in Newport Nights from the summer collection. Way to go right? I also just picked up another palette from the fall collection (there was a new display in my Walgreens!). I've placed the two on my vanity with in eyesight hoping that I'll pick them up to use them.
So when the weekend called for a quick make up look I busted Newport Nights out & did something a bit unexpected: used the brown all over my lids & used the bright orange in the crease! I actually tried this with the Wet n Wild trio ______ from the Pop Art collection which has a bright orange crease color to see what happened to one of my normal looks. It's interesting, it warms up the eye look. I think this is going to be great for fall! Here's a peak at the finished look:
You can see there's not too much going on here, a simple everyday look using just two shadows from the Newport Nights palette (plus a bonus deeper color in the outer corner) and just some mascara - pardon the lashes, I think my eyelash curler has cut off some of my lashes! They are a bit uneven! I love how simple & fall inspired this look is. This might be a new go to look for work. I feel like with make up you only get to experiment with make up once a day so usually for work, I do whatever I want. Sometimes it's more bold, sometimes it's toned down, sometimes it's simple. But it's on the weekends that I really get to experiment with stuff I might not pick up during the week. Since I'd never used these palettes I guess I was afraid I'd make a total mess and never picked them up while getting ready for work. Here's what I did to get this look:
I know in my foundation wars post I said I would never (ever, ever) buy CoverGirl foundation after a horrible experience with the cheap stuff in their line. I mean I had blackheads for days - gross? Sorry. But, CoverGirl was BOGO 50% off at Walgreens this past week...so I picked up the 3 in 1 Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation. At first I thought I didn't like it - my face looked red, like beet red, when I went to work (embarrassed? yes, a little) But then I got home & looked in the mirror and it really wasn't that bad, so I decided to test it out the next day and so I've been using it for about a week. I think I like it - it performs much better than I thought it would!
- CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous foundation applied with Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- Set powder with Rimmel Stay Matte powder with Real Techniques Powder Brush
- Bronze face & slightly contour with my new Holy Grail bronzer - Hoola by Benefit - using the middle brush in the photo
- Use Real Techniques Blush Brush (not pictured, whoops!) to give a bit of color to the cheeks with Hot Mama blush.
Since I was in a bit of a rush, I think it's weird that I just grabbed this palette since I'd never used it but I guess I saw it & thought 'that brown will be simple, then lets throw that orange in the crease.' I was so surprised! This is a great base look to build from too.
- Primed eyelids with Benefit's Stay Don't Stray primer (or there is a primer in the Fergie collection.)
- Applied the sparkly brown color from the Newport Nights palette all over the lid with a shader brush. Blend the edges with a clean blending brush.
- Sweep the orange color from the Newport Nights palette into the crease. Be light handed but build it up to give warmth to the look.
- To add a bit of depth, I focused the brown from the palette on the right - this was included in an Ipsy bag & it's a BH Cosmetics California Collection sample - on the outer corner/outer v of my lid.
- Slide on some CoverGirl Last Blast Fusion first then top with Rimmel Scandaleyes Lycra Flex mascara
So there you have it! A simple, everyday look featuring some of my favorite products & some new ones! I can't wait to build on this look & take it into an evening look or even just a more defined look. Can you tell I'm really getting into make up now? If you're wondering what's on my lips, I just did a bit of Baby Lips on before my make up to moisturize then used a Rimmel Show Off Lip Laquer in Nude Eclipse - it's like the totally perfect nude.
Let me know if you like these sorts of posts too. I want to include some beauty/make up related things but I don't want to over run this blog with it. Do you like this? Want more make up tutorials/beauty looks/beauty reviews?
What is your go to look? Have you tried anything new lately?