Well goodness gracious it's Tuesday. I am so antsy for this weekend I can hardly control myself! I'll be packing up & heading to Michigan in T-minus 4 days. Yay! Today I want to share with you the lovely lady behind Muddy Pup Pottery, Katie:
1. Why did you start blogging? I used to write a lot in journals when I was younger and loved to go back and read over my thoughts over the past week, month and even year. I decided I wanted to get back to writing my thoughts, and sharing useful tidbits I've found over time.
2. What is your favorite part about blogging & the blogging community? The connectivity and collaboration. I love seeing what other people are doing and getting ideas from theirs. I know I may not always have the best ideas by myself, but with a little inspiration who knows what could happen!
3. What is the hardest part about blogging? Not doing it when I'm at my 9-5 job.
5. What is your favorite feature on your blog? You know, I really love all aspects of it. I have had my own website URL for at least 10 years, and converting it into a blog styled website was the best decision I ever made. If I had access to $5,000 of software on my home computer, that would be awesome. But really, who wants that when you can edit your website for free and host it for 1/10 of what it was before? Plus, I get the pleasure of blogging, networking, and connecting with other people like myself.
6. Give us the best blogging advice you've ever received? I was once told to remember why I blog and continue to blog for that reason. I know lots of people write about what they thing people want to hear. But if you're writing because it makes you feel good, then who cares! There are so many people out there who think differently and have different interests than you that you can never please everyone, so why not start with pleasing yourself!
|The Muddy Pup Himself|
7. Give us the best advice on life you've ever received? Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. It's silly but that's the biggest thing I remember my dad always telling me as a kid. Now that I'm grown up (supposedly grown up...) I have to remind myself of this all the time.
8. What is your favorite fruit? Mangos. Or kiwis. Wait, it's gotta be strawberries. Oh, but I love watermelon with a dash of salt. But then again I love love pineapple...
9. What is your favorite color to wear? Honestly, black. I love wearing lots of different colors, but you can use anything to jazz up black. But if I had to pick a color it would be turquoise. It's so bold and happy.